Electrical Assembly Worker
Location: Jesup, GA
Sierra International Machinery is a leading manufacturer of balers and shears for the recycled materials industry. With a strong commitment to innovation and quality, we design and produce cutting-edge machinery that helps our customers efficiently process and manage recyclable materials. As an industry leader, we are dedicated to delivering reliable and durable equipment that maximizes productivity while minimizing environmental impact.
Sierra International Machinery is seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Electrical Assembly Worker to join our dynamic team. The Electrical Assembly Worker will be responsible for assembling and integrating electrical components into our machinery, ensuring proper functionality and adherence to industry standards.
- Electrical Component Assembly: Perform electrical assembly operations according to engineering drawings, blueprints, and work instructions. Install, connect, and secure electrical components, including wires, switches, control panels, and sensors.
- Wiring and Harnessing: Route and bundle wires neatly and safely, following established wiring diagrams and electrical codes. Terminate wires, crimp connectors, and install wire harnesses with precision.
- Testing and Troubleshooting: Conduct functional testing of electrical assemblies to ensure proper operation. Troubleshoot electrical issues and perform necessary repairs or adjustments to ensure optimal performance.
- Panel and Control Installation: Install electrical control panels and integrate control systems into the machinery. Follow established protocols for panel wiring, labeling, and documentation.
- Quality Control: Conduct inspections and tests to verify the quality of electrical assemblies and finished products. Identify and rectify any electrical defects or inconsistencies to maintain the highest level of craftsmanship.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of electrical assembly activities, including materials used, project progress, and any issues encountered. Provide detailed reports and documentation as required by the company.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the engineering and production teams to understand project requirements and provide input on electrical assembly improvements or modifications. Communicate effectively with team members to ensure a smooth workflow and timely completion of projects.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE). Follow electrical safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Electrical Assembly Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience in electrical assembly or a related field. Familiarity with electrical systems, wiring diagrams, and electrical codes.
- Electrical Knowledge: Basic understanding of electrical principles and components. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and technical specifications.
- Wiring Skills: Proficiency in electrical wiring and harnessing techniques. Knowledge of wire termination, crimping, and bundling practices.
- Testing and Troubleshooting: Experience in electrical testing and troubleshooting. Ability to use multimeters and other electrical testing equipment to diagnose and rectify issues.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate installation and connection of electrical components. Ability to identify and rectify electrical defects.
- Safety Consciousness: Thorough knowledge of electrical safety practices and procedures. Commitment to maintaining a safe working environment for oneself and colleagues.
- Team Player: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with team members from various departments to achieve production goals.
- Adaptability: Willingness to learn new electrical assembly techniques and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Basic Computer Skills: Proficiency in using computer applications for documentation and communication purposes.
Sierra International Machinery offers a competitive salary package and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and opportunities for career development.
Join our team of dedicated professionals and contribute to the production of cutting-edge machinery that helps shape the future of the recycled materials industry.
Note: This job description is intended to outline the general responsibilities and qualifications of the position. It is not exhaustive and may be subject to change or modification to meet the evolving needs of the company.
Sierra International Machinery Job Application
Please complete the application by clicking the button.