Location: Jesup, GA
Sierra International Machinery is a leading manufacturer of balers and shears for the recycled materials industry. With a strong commitment to innovation and quality, we design and produce cutting-edge machinery that helps our customers efficiently process and manage recyclable materials. As an industry leader, we are dedicated to delivering reliable and durable equipment that maximizes productivity while minimizing environmental impact.
Sierra International Machinery is seeking a skilled and safety-conscious Forklift Operator to join our dynamic team. The Forklift Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of forklifts and other material handling equipment in our warehouse and production areas.
- Safe Forklift Operation: Operate forklifts and other material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner, following established safety guidelines and procedures. Perform pre-operational inspections to ensure equipment is in proper working condition.
- Material Handling: Load, unload, and move materials and products within the warehouse and production areas. Safely stack and store materials in designated locations, optimizing space utilization. Assist with inventory management as needed.
- Order Fulfillment: Support the order fulfillment process by picking and staging materials and products for shipment. Collaborate with the warehouse team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of goods to the designated areas.
- Equipment Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance and inspections of forklifts and other material handling equipment. Report any equipment malfunctions or safety concerns to the appropriate personnel.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE). Follow traffic patterns and maintain awareness of surroundings to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Documentation: Complete necessary paperwork and documentation related to forklift operations, such as equipment checklists, incident reports, and production logs.
- Collaboration: Communicate effectively with team members, including warehouse staff, supervisors, and production personnel, to coordinate material handling activities and ensure smooth workflow.
- Forklift Operation Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience operating forklifts and other material handling equipment, preferably in a warehouse or production environment. Valid forklift operator certification is required.
- Safety Consciousness: Thorough knowledge of forklift safety practices and procedures. Understanding of load capacities, stability, and safe operating techniques.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate material handling, stacking, and storage. Ability to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Physical Fitness: Ability to perform physical tasks, including lifting, carrying, and moving heavy objects. Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment.
- Team Player: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with team members from various departments to achieve warehouse and production goals.
- Adaptability: Willingness to work flexible hours and adapt to changing priorities based on operational needs.
- Basic Computer Skills: Proficiency in using computer applications for documentation and communication purposes.
Sierra International Machinery offers a competitive salary package and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and opportunities for career development.
Join our team of dedicated professionals and contribute to the production of cutting-edge machinery that helps shape the future of the recycled materials industry.
Note: This job description is intended to outline the general responsibilities and qualifications of the position. It is not exhaustive and may be subject to change or modification to meet the evolving needs of the company.
Sierra International Machinery Job Application
Please complete the application by clicking the button.