The 4200 portable baler/logger of today is the result of 35+ years of first hand experience in Sierra’s own scrap yards as well as from instillations from around the world. This highly portable and productive machine set the industry standard for production.
The 4200 portable baler/logger was designed to be fast so you make maximum profit, which ensures your advantage over others in the marketplace.
The 4200 can make an 800 lb. 24x20x30 inch bale in under 2 minutes, which is accomplished because of a few key components:
- The unique curved doors open extra wide so bulky material can easily be loaded and then adds to the compression power applied to the load.
- It features Sierra’s unique short-stroke rams that greatly reduce cycle times and enable the 4200 to achieve the highest production numbers in its class.
- The 4200 comes with fully automated baling, logging, and eject cycles.
The 4200 is the perfect solution for high output baling and logging applications.
When looking to meet strict specifications for #1, busheling, and clip bales look no further than the 4200 portable baler/logger. The 4200 can also log when needed for appliances and sheet iron.
- While baling, the 4200 compresses loads at an average density of 85 to 95 lbs. per cubic foot and can bale 8 to 12 tons per hour.
- While logging, the 4200 compresses logs to an average density of 35 lbs. per cubic foot and can log 9 to 14 tons per hour.
If bale size is strict in your particular marketplace the 4200 is your machine to ensure you meet those requirements.
This portable baler/logger was designed to be a baler first because of the 24x20xVariable dimensions of the bale size, which is extremely important for areas that require a smaller bale size.
The integrated operators crane was designed right for its purpose.
With continuous rotation the crane allows for a highly efficient working radios and, as with all Sierra portable baler/loggers, the crane is independent of the baler and fully operational while the baler is in use. The crane on the 4200 portable baler/logger crane features:
- 2200 lbs. capacity while fully extended
- 24’ 8” boom reach
- Four-point orange peel grapple on X with rotator
*The 4200 has the option of coming with or without the crane.
The 4200 has proven to outweigh, out produce, and outlive other portable baler/loggers in its class with models more than 30-years-old still operating today.
This long-term durability is a result of careful design and construction, including:
- Sierra’s innovative L-Box shaped design
- Fortified honeycomb construction
- The abrasion resistant steel Hardox 450 liner plates that line the loading chamber.
The 4200 portable baler/logger is extremely roadworthy and easily portable, and with four hydraulic outriggers setup is simplified.
The portable 4200 includes a 170 HP Cummins Turbo Diesel engine and comes in at 76,000 lbs., including crane. However, the 4200 also has the option to be stationary and electric with a 60 HP electric motor.
The 4200 is the perfect solution to densify material and reduce freight costs with baling and logging in MRFs and Transfer Stations:
The 4200’s smaller dimension and size allows it to easily fit inside MRFs and transfer station and creates smaller and denser mil-spec bales for tin cans and clean sheets with an average density of 150 lbs. per cubic foot and can log appliances when needed. This reduction in trucking costs will ultimately reduce your emissions and carbon footprint helping your operation run greener.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?