In the construction and demolition industry versatility and productivity are vitally important. The T550SL portable shear/baler/logger is exactly what any demolition contractor needs at their jobsite for powerful and portable productivity.
The T550SL was designed to exact specifications to enable the machine to be completely transportable.
But mobility doesn’t mean shorter equipment life or smaller production capacity. The 6-cylinder Cummins turbo diesel engine provides the dependable power you require for continuous operation.
As a shear, the T550SL offers surprising strength, cutting through a variety of materials found in scrap and demolition operations with 500 tons of force.
Baling and logging material is a simple task for the T550SL. Its curved doors open wide for easy loading and feature Sierra’s unique short-stroke rams that greatly reduce cycle time.
- Foundry scrap, pipe, beams, plate, HMS #1, HMS #2
- Shearing production: 12-16 tons per hour
- Clean sheet, wire, light weight scrap, tin, clips
- Size (32” x 24” x Variable), Weight (900 lbs. average)
- Baling production: 10 to 14 tons per hour
- Appliances, automobiles, sheet metal, tin
- Size (32” x 24” x Variable), Weight (1400 lbs. average)
- Logging production: 14 to 16 tons per hour
The structural details of the T550SL show the importance of proper design.
It is expertly manufactured with Sierra’s innovative L-Box shaped design, 11/16th inch replaceable abrasion-resistant steel Hardox 450 liner plates, and outer honeycomb construction creating a greater box integrity. The T550SL is equipped with an innovative auto-lube system that reduces the wear of the shearhead keeping you producing longer. The fully equipped operators cab was designed for comfort, safety, and productivity and the automatic shearing and logging cycles allows the operator to focus more on production than operational details.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?